Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Helicopters

Have I mentioned that I live at Tumbleweed Crossing? And that all kinds of things have developed a habit of making this a crossing point. That includes helicopters. Now it doesn’t bother me when the big military helicopters do their training maneuvers new here over part of New Mexico’s uninhabited desert. In fact I am proud of the fact that my state has a lot of military people here. I don’t necessarily support the war in Iraq, but I do most differently support our troops that are over there. What I don’t support is the TV news helicopters that make this community a turning point when they are flying around over the big metro city of Albuquerque doing the traffic reports at rush hour. There is no reason for them to come this far out over the desert (we are at least three miles from the nearest school, or about six miles from the nearest shopping area, and it is a small one) and away from the highways, and freeways, and major streets, mall, shopping centers, and schools. Is it another way to get a few minutes of ‘off the air time’, or is just an excuse to fly over a community where they’re not wanted? I have talked to some of my neighbors and they feel the same. And don’t get me started on hot air balloons. They are even worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment