- Linda has left an excellent suggestion about how to get rid of unwanted callers. I will certainly give it a try. She says to ask them to hold, put down the phone and wait about 5 minutes or so. Usually by then they will have hung up. And we can hope they take your name off their list as they don't want that happening again.
- Thanks, Linda, and welcome to the Tumbleweed Crossing.
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Opinion time again. Is there any way to stop solicitation phone calls???
- The do-not-call list doesn't work. Those calling asking for money for a so-called charity or church don't have to go by the do-not-call list. Neither do those calling to do a so-called servery - which is usually a political ploy by a politician running for office in the next election.
- Yesterday I had 3 calls. One from a company asking me why I didn't renew my subscription to one of the magazines I have cancelled. Mine you it is the 3rd time in a week that they have called. She kept on and kept on about didn't I want to renew it even though I cussed her out and told her to shutup. Another was from Dish Satellite TV wanting me to get it even though I have a contract with Direct TV. I had been thinking about switching but after such a rude salesman that couldn't understand 'contract', I won't. The last was the political survey call that always comes right at supper time. And it is a recording so you can't even ask someone not to call you back.
- Isn't it time the politicians understand we don't want to be called for any reason and put a stop to these kind of calls.
- I would vote for the politician that did this. (As long as he didn't call me.)
Friday, September 24, 2010
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
http://thepuppytale.blogspot.com/ as well as some of Ziva's tale at this blog. It was a new experence for us to adopt a pup at the Albuquerque Animal Welfare Center and well worth it to get such a nice pup. Go to my new blog to learn more about Ziva.