Sunday, November 27, 2011

Big Horses

If you are interested in seeing the Budweiser Clydedale Horses here is the website www.budweiser.com and you do have to put your age in to get into it as Budweiser is all about beer. (No, I do not drink beer). When I was 12 we lived in Tampa, Florida for a couple of years. We went to the Budweiser brewery several times which was only the brewery and a beautiful garden with lots of birds then. Now it has expanded greatly. And the horses were never there when we were. I did get to see them at the fair one year in Florida. They were stabled in a huge tent, and a man was shoeing one of them. It was my first sight of a clydesdale and first time I had seen a horse shod. Those were some big horses and they still are.
I didn't see them again (except on TV) until I got to go to the Rose Parade in 1970. Then not again until a parking lot photo opt like the one in Las Cruces but here in Albuquerque in 1983. That was the first time I went with my son, Dustin who was 3 at the time. The next time was about 1998 when they came to the grocrey store in Rio Rancho. Again my son was with me and now he was 18. So it was nice to be able to go with him this time, and now we have digital cameras so I could take as many photos as I wanted instead of being limited to the amount of film I could afford.
You would think that maybe I would want a clydesdale horse, but no I really don't. They take a lot more care and cost a lot more to feed. I think I'll stick to average size horses and mini's.

No comments:

Post a Comment