Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Still Windy

It is still windy here, but I understand the fires arn't as bad as they were. That is if you consider that only 9 homes were lost to the fire in the Manzano Mountains. But none of them should have been lost. The last I heard the firefighers are saying it was a man made fire but they arn't giving out any more details at this time. There is no excuse for a man made fire. Everyone should be extra careful any time they are doing anything that has the ability to become a threat to life or home.
We have had lots of people valentering to send some of their excess rain to us, especially from Ohio, and Oregon, but so far none has made it. I, as well as lots of others, sure wish it would. I don't think we have had more that about a trace amount, maybe three drops, in about the last 8 or 9 months. I do hope we don't become the next dust bowl.

1 comment:

  1. I think the real shame is that whoever set the fires, probably did know better, but thought they didn't have to heed caution like others.

    Hope you get some moisture out your way.

    ReplyDelete