Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Gone from Home

At this time I am gone from home to visit my sister in Clatskanie Oregon. I hope everthing is going OK back home with the horses, dogs, and cats, as well as hubby who is taking care of all the critters.

I flew into Portland Sunday evening where I was met by Jan and Jim who kept trying to tell me how cold it was. It was cool, and there had been snow and rain over the weekend but it didn't seem that cold.

On Monday morning early we headed for Ecola State Park, near Astoria, Or. where we watched the waves come in. It was fun to see the ocean again. At the Park there were huge rocks out in the water with lots of sea gulls on them. The sign said there were seals but we didn't see any. It was a nice walk across green grass along a tiny path to a look out built over the cliff. Lots of tall evergreen trees. We had expected clouds and rain but there were only a few white fluffy clouds, and blue sky. Photos to follow when I get home and can download to my computer.
We went o Seaside where we saw the Lewis & Clark statue and bought a teeshirt with a pirite skull on it and a sweatshirt that says Oregon.
Next we went to another beach where there was a shipwreak. Peter Ireedal when down in about 1906, and Paddy, Jan and Jim's Lab/Black&Tan Hound mix played on the sand and we chased tiny baby crabs that burrowed under the sand really fast.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a nice visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds as if you are enjoying yourself. Looking forward to seeing the pictures that you took.

    ReplyDelete