Friday, May 12, 2006

Wind and more Wind

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know - all I do is complain about the wind. Why do you think they call me Windy? Well, this time we really had wind. It was on this past Tuesday the 9th of May. The recorded high wind at the Albuquerque Air Port (which is 50 miles away from me) was 62 miles per hour. I am sure that it had to be more than that here. We lost a bunch of roofing tiles off of our roof, and a sheet of tin off of one of the horse shelters. Of course the horses were terrified, but thankfully none were hurt. We found all kinds of tumbleweeds and other peoples trash in our yard the next day. ( Why can't people put there trash in the trash cans supplied by the trash company that they HAVE to pay for?) On of the scareyest things I found was that my wheelbarrow for hauling horse poop was a good fify feet from where I had left it that morning, upside down. I sure am glad no one was hit by it.
Of course I was at work while most of this was going on, but Lee said that the walls of the house seemed to be pulsing, (moving, shaking,) and he was sure he had seen a small tornato off to the northwest at one point.
Yes - I know this is trivial compared to the people in Texas that were actually hit by tornatos that same night - but it was certainly more that I wanted to experence.

No comments:

Post a Comment