Saturday, May 13, 2006

Hay? Anyone?

I went to the store and gagged at the prices on people food, dog food, and cat food. Then I want to the feed store and had a heart attach at the prices of horse hay, and oats. Then a thought hit me. Why don't us people, who should eat a lot of veggies, greens, and fiber, - well why don't we eat hay. Yeah I know that horses go through those bales of green stuff like there was no tomorrow. But if people ate hay it should last quite a while.
So I got on the computer and tried to find some recipes so I could cook some hay. (I didn't care for it to much when I tried it raw). But, alas, no such luck. It seems that even the granola people don't go in for cooked hay.
So maybe I should give it a try. It can't be that hard. I'll take a handful of Alfala, a handful of Timothy, and maybe a handful of K-31 fescue. Then I cook it in a pot of boiling water. Maybe I should add a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper, and some chopped onions for seasonings. Then just before it looks done, I can add a handful of oats, and another of corn.
Yum Yum Yum Doesn't that sound good?

No comments:

Post a Comment