Monday, January 09, 2006

Server

My internet server did something really weird to my account over the weekend. I suddenly couldn't get on. It had rejected my password and when I tried to retrieve it, it said that it didn't even recognize my email address. Ok, I thought to myself. Time to call. I only tried to call at least a dozen times over the weekend and with each call was told that the call couldn't be contiued to please try again later. Finally, when I am really, really getting upset, I was able to get to a person. But that person did not speak the same version of American English that I speak. I think I may have ended up with one of the call centers in Idia that we hear so much about that have no real concept of the language that they are trying to speak. Anyway he said he had reset my password, then he hung up with out saying anything else. I tried the new password, which did work, and quickly changed it to a new one. So far it is working. I have also had problems with sending emails to people. They are being returned as undeliverable and I have friends saying that mine are being returned to them. This isn't just one server, or free email site. It is a whole list of them. Hotmail, Yahoo, Netscape, Netzero, Tesco, Sysmatrix, Cybermesa, Zianet, and on and on.Is anyone else out there having this problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment