Sunday, January 01, 2012

Gun Safety

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!
Hope every one celebrated the new year safely. I find it hard to believe that there are so many people willing to shoot off their guns on New Years and take a chance on accidentally shooting someone or a pet, or at the least breaking windows in someones home or car. I think there were more gunshots last night than there have been in other years. They just kept on and kept on and I am saying prayers that my horses or someone else or their horses or dogs aren't hit by one of those bullets. Sure you are shooting up into the air. But there is an old saying that 'what goes up must come down' and those bullets do come down. Thankfully none of my horses were hit nor have I heard of anyone or anything around here being hit. but there were some windows broke in town. And other years I have heard of people being hit.
No, I am not a person that it for gun control and wants to take your guns away. I grew up in a home where everyone knew how to safely use a gun. My dad made sure we could shoot but do it with safety the first priority. I say keep your guns but know the safe way to use them. They are not toys, they are a tool to be used properly and safely just like you would use a saw, knife, skillet, or computer.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed. I'm grateful that no one around here was shooting up their guns on New Years Eve. Maybe there was too much snow and it was too cold for them up here to be outside at night?


    Happy New Year!
    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete