Saturday, January 28, 2012

All Better

Went to doctor yesterday and they took the stitches out of my thumb and wrist. It is doing well. The thumb problem turned out to be a bone spur that had broke off and was 'floating' in my thumb. (I have a bone spur on my left thumb to and so does hubby.) There was a ganglion cyst in my wrist almost on the main artery that is used to check your pulse so doctor had to be really careful when doing that one. She made a crooked incision there to avoid it. So now I have two new scars.
The first thing I did was take a long, hot shower without a plastic bag duct-taped to my arm.
For the next couple of weeks I am not supposed to the dishes - or at least without gloves on, that is if I am doing them in standing water in the sink, which I don't do unless doing skillets, which hubby has been doing for past year as I couldn't pick them up. So nothing new there as she said it was ok to let water on the incisions if just rinsing dishes off to put in dishwasher.
I do intend to continue to practice my use of my left hand for things i used to do with my right hand. Just in case.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like everything is going to be fine. Take care and don't over do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're on the mend. Scary about the cyst on your artery. I bet you've been very uncomfortable for a long time with those two issues going on. As soon as you're all healed up, you're going to feel so much better.

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete