Friday, December 02, 2011

Skeleton Dolls

Sarah, my sister, makes skeleton dolls. She calls the Dolls From the Bone Yard. The skeleton is plastic but the rest is all handmade. She sells them at farmers markets and craft events in and around Las Cruces. If anyone is interested leave me a comment with an email and I will get back to you. Shown here are cowboys, Mexicans, witches, Cap'em Jack from the movie Pirates of the Caribbean, nurses, and fancy ladies. She also does Doctors, angels, brides and grooms, hippies, solders, and fisherman. I couldn't get over how cute they were. She sells a lot for the Mexican holiday Day of the Dead which is about the same time as our Halloween.







































































3 comments:

  1. Hey, my husband is making a collection of your sister's skeleton characters. We go to the Las Cruces Farmers Market every Saturday, and he always heads right for her booth. We have a whole skeleton Santa/chimney scene that she made set up in the living room. She's got some great stuff, and I'm glad to see that you are related.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never saw something like these dolls before. Interesting though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! These are really wonderful! I'm going to check out her website.

    Thanks,
    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete