Friday, December 31, 2010

01/01/2011

We had a record low of 4 degrees at 7 am. Don't know what the low had been earlier. Cold enough that the cold water to they washing machine in the garage was froze for a bit until I could thaw it by turning the dryer on for an hour.
Then about noon we went out and did a lot of cussing to get super big chunks of ice out of the horses water buckets so we could give them some fresh water. Buckets are 25 gallon each with most of a bucket of water frozen solid. We have 5 gallon heated buckets for when it is cold and even they froze over about an inch last night. Coldest I can ever remember it being here, and I think news said it was a record low for New Years day.
Only supposed to get down to about 14 tonight. That will be 10 degrees higher than last night.

1 comment:

  1. We've been fighting with frozen buckets here too. Now it's finally warmed up but I hear we'll be back to freezing soon. I think it's going to be a long winter.

    ReplyDelete