Saturday, June 14, 2008

HOT!

It is so hot here. Kind of average but still hot. I always have such a hard time adjusting to the heat of June after the cool of May.
And Iowa and other states have so much rain. It is needed so badly here and in Southwest states and other places and not so much there. My nephew moved to Cedar Rapids, Iowa last summer and now wonders what he got himself and family into. So far they haven't had any actual flooding in the area they live in. Just rain.
And here I have planted my garden, such as it is, (squash, pumpkins, cucumbers, cantaloupe, potatoes, tomatoes) about three times now. A few of them are looking like they might survive this time but I'm not sure yet. Even the morning glories and marigolds are having trouble. The wind is so bad and it blows sand onto the little seedling which causes them to die in a hurry regardless of how much water I put on them. I find myself trying to help them survive, on my knees digging them out of the sand.
Prices on food are up and I can't even grow any to help supplement.

No comments:

Post a Comment