Sunday, January 13, 2008

Icky Party


By now we were tired and in Forks, Washington and ready to find our hotel. My guide, (Jan) had made reservations at the Forks Motel. It was a nice room, and there was a swiming pool. Since we had been wimpy about swiming in cold ocean water, we were determined to swim in the pool. It was fun and relaxing. After the swim we went back to our room and Jan promply demanded first rights to the shower. That was fine by me even if I was a bit cool and clammy. Surprisingly Jan was out in a flash, or so it seemed. And then she insisted that Cyndi had to have hers next as 'she wasn't feeling well'. OK. Again I agreed. I was thinking of myself anyway. If I was the last one in, I could take as long as I wanted. As I waited for Cyndi I flipped through the channels on the TV and wondered what we would have for supper, and what had become of those birthday cakes. But I was so relaxed and enjoying my trip I wasn't going to let anything bother me. Ha! Ha!

As I came out of a long, soaking, relaxing shower and was totally at ease with my self and the world I heard Jan and Cyndi yell, "ICKY PARTY!!!!!!!!". (Remember it is my birthday.)

OH! NO! I hadn't heard that cry in many years. We had icky parties when we were kids. And now I knew I was in for a evening of fun, jokes, and silly gifts.

While I had showered Jan and Cyndi had set out the picnic left overs for supper - ham, salads, fruit, chips, ect as well as the 3 little birthday cakes. But first we had to put on party hats, and blow silly whisles, and do dumb party games for dumb party favors. Then I had to open my gifts. A small black beany horse, some material that had horses on it, and a Grow a Pony. (You put this itty bitty pony about 1 inch in size in a big pan of water and it grows. Took about 4 days but it was about 600 times bigger. It actually worked. Then when you take out of water it takes about a week and it srinks back to original size.) Most were stuff form the dollar store except the materianl which was from a garage sale.

For an icky party nothing can be expensive.

At long last the day had ended and I got to go to bed. With a tummy full of cake.

(That is Jan, my sister, and myself in the photo. Remember we had been traveling all day, and had showered but not done anything with our hair, ect.)

No comments:

Post a Comment