Friday, January 04, 2008

Clatskanie, OR

On the second day of my trip my sister and I spent the day visiting the little town of Clatskanie, Oregon. It is a very small town or maybe village would be a better would for it, and on the cute side. It looks like a typical northwestern community. Lots of older two story homes with tons of trees, scrubs, and flowering annuals everywhere. It is just barely large enough to have it's own school system. Cyndi and her brother Joe graduated from Clatskanie High School. There is a couple of grocery stores, fast food places and some more sophisticated restaurants. But it was the thrift shops and antique stores that held our interest that day, although the only thing I bought was an old book on horses. We did go to a reality office and looked at some homes for sale but nothing really caught my interest. Jan wants me to move there but at this time I don't think it is a wise idea. And I am not sure I could handle as much rain as they have there.

No comments:

Post a Comment