Thursday, January 17, 2008

Deer


Did I say we saw deer? When we first got there, Jan and Cyndi had to go find the restroom. I was so enchanted by everything I just stood in the parking lot and found myself turning in circles trying to see it all. And 'all' suddenly included 5 deer that decided to walk through the parking lot, down the sidewalk, jump over a short wall, out into the meadow, where they disappeared from view down a small ravine. The deer at Olympic National Park are black tailed deer, which is ken to the white tailed deer found in the east. These were so used to people that they hardly paid them any attention at all. I don't think we could have petted them but they did come very close. It was really nice to see them so close but I have never thought it was good for wildlife to get that used to people. Of course that didn't stop me from taking their pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment