Saturday, January 03, 2009

Goal for the Year

I don't normally do the New Years Resolution thing, but this year I have set myself a goal. I would like to dig out all the stuff that my mom and her mom, my dad and any other relatives have left me that are packed in boxes. I want to make a brief note of each item, and take a photo of it. That way I will know what I have without having to go into each and every box to see if I have what I think I have. That way if there is something valuable maybe I can find an estimate of it's value somewhere on the internet. That way if I want to give something to my son, or my sisters kids I will know where to find it. By organizing things a bit better if I hear of something gaining value I can check a list on my computer to see if I have such a thing. But I am dreaming when it comes to thinking that there might be something of value in all that junk. My family has always been a bunch of packrats - keeping everything that they like and a lot that they didn't like just thought it was something that should be kept. As of this writing I have not found anything that is worth trying to find a way to sell it. Most of it is collectible junk. Would someone please tell me what you do with 100 years of collectible junk other than keep it packed in boxes.

1 comment:

  1. .. is Dustin interested in your ancestors' collectibles? If not, and if your sister's children aren't then perhaps it is time to take it all to auction - the money you raise you could spend on something nice for yourself/family or give to charity.

    ReplyDelete