Thursday, September 14, 2006

Who Am I?

Do I look like someones long lost friend? mom? sister? or what is it that makes people want to stop me in the store or a parking lot and talk to me? Do I look like the answerperson to all your troubles?
I am really getting tired of having peopl come up to me in the store, as if I work there, and ask me were some product might be. Or they might ask me what the time is, or once someone asked me to watch their kid while they went to the restroom. Would you leave your child with a complete stranger?
Really what are people thinking of? Or are they just that dumb?
Have I tried this or that? and what did I think of it? do I go to such and such a church? or school? or do I work someplace I never heard of? did I hear the sermon last Sunday? am I going to vote?
These are questions I have received from total strangers. Don't you know that I don't want to talk to a total stranger about mundane things, or things that are not the business of someone I don't know. Usually I am to busy, and in to much of a hurry to want to get to know you, or hear about your thoughts or troubles since I don't know you. And know I don't want to make friends with every stranger I see/
Don't you know that talking to stranger can be dangerous to your health, or pocket book? Didn't you mom and dad tell you " Never talk to strangers!"
So why do you think I want to talk to you, when you walk up to me and try to start a conversation with me as if we were old friends?
Don't you realize I could get mad and start yelling that you are trying to hurt me, steal my purse, or car, or call the cops on you?
Don't you realize that I might think that you are going to mug me, or even stab, or shoot me, even if all you want is to talk to someone for a minute?
Think again, next time you try to talk with a stranger, especially in a parking lot. The Crimes that occur so frequently make us all have to be more aware of what we are doing.
Remember - Saftey First

No comments:

Post a Comment