Monday, July 13, 2009

Wiley's Big Adventures

Wiley sneaked out the door twice today. He can be at the far end of the house and he is so fast he will be out the door before I can slip out the door and get it shut again. I have never had a kitten or puppy as lightning fast as this guy is.
It was so hot today he was happy to come in this morning when he first got out as I was going to feed the horses. He was ready at the door when I went in a half hour later. Later about 3 pm he got out and tried to catch a flock of birds that were bathing in the bird water containers we keep out for our feathered friends. Actually it's to try and keep them out of the horse water buckets. Anyway Wiley chased them off and then let me catch in. But when we got in the house he took off slid across the kitchen cabinet, knocked a plate off and broke it.
I was able to remember to put Wiley Wild Cat into a bedroom each time I went out after that. Now it's late and he is wandering the house looking for bugs. We say he has Bug-idus each night. Along with all the heat we have had a huge amount of bugs this years. Most are moths, crickets, and June bugs, but a few are the weird little scorpians we have here. I don't mind him playing with a few moths but sure don't want him playing with the scorpians. At least once or twice an evening I use pieces of a paper towel and try to catch all the bugs and either kill them or throw them back out the door. Would be nice to know how so many get in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment