Wednesday, July 15, 2009

30 Years & Working on More

Anniversary Congratulations are in order for my sister and her husband who are celebrating 30 Years in Las Vegas, NV this week.
There's not many couples that have bragging rights for this one. But I have to brag and say that Lee and I will celebrate 39 years together this fall. My mom and dad, and my brother-in-laws parents each had 50 years together. I believe that my mom's sisters also had 50 years with their husbands, as did a couple of my dad's brothers, and sisters. Congratulations to all even if it has been a few years.
Long marriages are made by lots of give and take by couple. They are made with lots of love and understanding. It takes a lot, a super lot of work to make a marriage work, even from the very beginning. It means doing your job and sometimes having to help with your spouses job. I am talking about jobs at home like dishes, laundry, yard work, auto maintenance, kids, cleaning, and everything that goes with making a home. A man should be willing to do the dishes or laundry or clean the bathroom or change a few diapers. A woman should be willing to mow the lawn, change the oil on the car or take it to be done, take out the trash, or see if she can do a simple plumbing job if need be.
While lee was working I usually cleaned the horse pens each day. When he retired and my medical problems got worse Lee took on the job of cleaning horse pens. This week Lee has been down helping our son get his car running so I had to clean pens. My arms feel like they are ready to fall off this morning cause I am not used to having to do it. But you know what - it gives me a good feeling that I am still able to do it, even if it is hot, and it's dirty work, and now my arms hurt. Think I will try doing it a bit more often after Lee gets back. Besides its good exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment