Sunday, July 12, 2009

Hot!!

It is hot this summer. I know it gets hot here in New Mexico, heck I've lived here for the past 30 some years, and yet it feels hotter to me than in previous years. According to the weather on TV it hasn't reached 100 degrees yet but it's been close, and according to my thermometer outside my front door it has been as high as 102 but that may be because it gets extra hot right there in the afternoon even tho the thermometer is in the shade.
Lee decided to go to Chaparral, NM to see our son, Dustin and to help him with his car that isn't running right. They think it might have a blown head gasket.
I got to stay home and take care of the critters and try to keep the garden and flowers alive with water. Trees arn't doing to bad even with the heat. Guess they are now getting big enough to handle a little hot on their own.
And of course the motor on the air conditioner went out.
But I have this very nice neighbor who came over and took off the motor. I took it to the store and let another nice man tell me what all I needed. Then my neighbor put the new one on for me and now my house is nice and cool.
It is very difficult for me and my family to ask for help for anything. We just never do. If we can't take care of a problem on our own it just doesn't get down. Lee and I are always more than willing to help others that need help we just really are reluctant to ask for it ourselves. I was so glad my neighbor could help with the air conditioner but I still feel guilty for having to ask.
Of course it is very difficult to survive without an AC when you are already used to one. We lived without one most of the time when I was growing up, but I would sure hate to have to do it now.
Thanks again Neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment