Sunday, May 17, 2009

President Obama

It is a bit late to be writing about it, but President Obama was in my town of Rio Rancho on Thursday of the past week. We arn't actually in Rio Rancho but out in the county near the city. Rio Rancho is the town where we go to shop. Albuquerque is east of Rio Rancho but we don't go there if we can get what we need in Rio Rancho. President Obama gave his speech at the Rio Rancho High School which had the biggest place for people to attend that is in the city. I didn't even try to go as I can't stand to get in those kind of crowds. I did watch it on TV.
I don't understand why President Obama decided to come to Rio Rancho instead of Albuquerque where Obama had done a lot of his campaigning, but I guess it was quite a big deal for our small city.
I do hope that President Obama can do what he said in his speech about getting credit card companies to not come down so hard on people, like me, who haven't been late or missed any of their payment dates. I had all my credit card interest rates raised several years ago for no reason that I know of. I was told it was 'standard policy'. Now that 2 of my cards are paid off the companies still refuse to lower the interest rates. Consequently I don't use those cards and have even closed one.
The training I received at a credit reporting company a few years ago said that if you only closed one that was paid off with out having any problems with being late on payments it shouldn't affect your credit rating. I will find out for sure now. But I was so upset that Bank of America wouldn't lower my interest rate on a card I had never been late on and had paid off twice in the past 2 years that I decided to take a chance on it.
I would also like to voice my opinion on the problem of the people who think that President Obama is wrong to be for abortion. I agree with him. The world is over populated now, and I hear of way to many children being abused and even killed as it is. I would rather know that child was aborted as a fetus than to be born and then tortured and killed.
Just yesterday a little boy about 3 or 4 was found buried in a park in Albuquerque after he had been killed. No one has come forward to even say the child was theirs yet. It seems that no one wanted this child from the time he was conceived. This is something that is too horrible for me to comprehend. It needs to be stopped, and if abortion is where that starts - so be it.
That is not to say I would have an abortion. I haven't ever had one. Nor did I ever have a child out of wedlock or give up one for adoption. In my imedent family - me, my husband, my son, sisters and their families - I do not know of any of this ever happening or being necessary. We were raised and have raised our children to understand how to use birth control and to do it, as it is not necessary to have as many children as possible, as so many people seem to think. You only have children you want and can care for properly. Other wise you use birth control.
And I will add that abortion should not be used as a form of birth control.

No comments:

Post a Comment