Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Kitten Help

I had forgotten how much "help" a kitten could be. It's been 8 years since we had a kitten and this one is very much into everything. What ever I am doing he wants to be part of and 'help' me do it. As with my other 2 black cats he is fascinated by dripping water. Wiley will be in the sink as soon as I turn the water on. He helps me wash my hands, and do the dishes. We are having a hard time teaching him that he can not help with the cooking. Not to bad when I just making a salid or peeling potatoes but when it comes to the stove I am hoping he doesn't learn the hard way and get burnt. We frequently have to put him in the bedroom when we are cooking, or eating. Not only does he want to cook he wants to eat it, too.
Wiley Cat also helps with gathering dirty clothes, folding and hanging the clean cloths, making the bed and sweeping. He doesn't care for the vacuum cleaner. Of course using a pen or pencil is a favorite as he thinks he needs to catch the pen as I use it.
When I get dressed or change clothes is a great time to catch the clothes or help me put them on. And a sleeping person always needs to be woke up so they can play with an active kitten.

1 comment:

  1. We were once up to 8 cats, but are now down to 3. The last one was a challenge as a kitten especially as she is blind, but get on fine now, knows her way around the house. Only purrs on your lap when your on the potty, LOL!

    ReplyDelete