Sunday, May 10, 2009

Kitten

Last week a neighbor found a tiny kitten and no one claimed it so I decided to adopt it. He, yes it is a male, and is all black. Of course we already have 2 black cats, Jade and Murphy. Jade is about 12 and Murphy is 8. When I brought the kitten in Jade looked it, licked it's nose and I swear she asked if we could keep it. Murphy hissed at him as did Kasie our 10 year old gray and white. But after 3 days Murphy was starting to play with the kitten, although a bit rough.
The dogs have beem a bit more of a problem. Codee is 9 and Tuffee is 5. They weren't sure they liked the idea of a new kitten in their home. So at first I put the dogs out when the kitten was in the livingroom and kitchen. When the kitten would get tired I would put him back in the spare bedroom with food, water, and a litterbox. Then I started keeping one dog in on a leash and up close to me while the kitten roamed and played. But today the dogs are doing better with him running around them and I let the dogs stay in with him while off leash. Of course these dogs have grown up with cats and are used to the ones we have. They do bark at and chase the stray cats that come around outside. I will continue to put him in the spare bedroom when I go out and leave the dogs in the house. No since taking a chance on him getting hurt when he decides to play with a dog tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment