Saturday, February 21, 2009

Mares

After the death of my Morgan last spring my two mares, Nita and Star, seemed to hate each other. I had to seperate them. Now after months of gradually getting them closer and closer I am able to put them in the same pen together. They still can't be put together for feeding or grooming but at least they seem to like each other again. I really think they were as upset by the loss of BlackJack as I was. It just goes to prove that horses and all animals greve over the death of a friend as much as people do.
It is a lot better for the two mares to be together. Now they are begining to act as if they are friends. They don't like it when they are seperated now. Today they decided it was such a nice day they had to run. And run they did. Before when they would run together they would end up in a kicking match and one or both would get hurt. Today they just seemed to be playing and there was no kicking. It was such a relief for me to see them having fun instead of fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment