Saturday, February 21, 2009

Hairy Beasties

Of course all of this nice weather has the horses starting to shed and they are hairy beasties. Especially Sunny and Trave. They are the two with the most white on them and it seems that horses with lots of white always start sheding first. Every horseperson says they do it and I know mind do. My son agrees with me saying his horses with white always shed first. I had their hooves trimmed last week and the farrier said the same thing. I have heard lots of other say it, too. And no one seems to know why.
Trying to brush them must be a funny sight to any one passing by when they see me brushing and then spitting do to the hairs on my face and in my mouth. As soon as I am through brushing it is time to jump in the shower.
I did take the time to work with the ponies Stormy and Trave some. Stormy is doing really well at learning to drive using two long (long for a mini) driving lines. He almost acts as if it is fun. As soon as I can I will try him in the harness. I wish I could find a used cart to train him with. If we can we might try making a little pony cart even if it doesn't look like much it would be good for training.
Any one know of a used pony cart for sale in the Albuquerque area?

No comments:

Post a Comment