Monday, March 05, 2007

Weekend

We had some decent weather over the weekend. It was greatly appreciated after a week of high winds and blowing sand and cold. I spent as much time as I could - most of the daylight hours actually working with the horses and giving them as much attention as I could. We set up a makeshift round pen and worked the horses in it. Then I decided to ride BlackJack, but he acted as if he was real tired already or was he just lazy. Anyway I was tired after roundpenning four horses and we made it a short ride. But it was a ride - first time in a long time. He may have been just trying to get out of it because it had been at least a month since I had ridden him. He is a smart horse and always seems to be tring to figure out a way to get out of doing what I want him to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment