Friday, April 28, 2006

A Bad Day

When I look at the kind of day I had on Wednesday, I wonder if life ever gets any easier. Ever. The old saying of Murphy's Law comes to mind. "If anything can go worng, it will go wrong. In triplicate." Lee went to the doctor, on the way home his Ford truck caught on fire, he pulled into a bank parking lot and had to run into the bank to ask for a fire extengusier, then I had to go get him. We left the FORD there, came home, and he took off in the Scout to go to xray place to get dye shot up his veins to get special xrays to find out what is wrong with him. The doctor doesn't think its another hernia like Lee had thought. (Will get results on Monday) then while I went to work, he took another carberator to Ford and got it running, which he did. Then when I got home we whent down about midnight and he was able to drive the Ford home with me following in the Dakota.
To top all this off, last night I turned the Swamp Cooler off as it was starting to cool down and we both laid down to take a nap before Lee had to go to work. I got up at 10:00 pm as dogs wanted out. Sat down in my recliner and my back and but got all wet. Yuck! Must of been some cat threw up in chair. I went and changed then went to clean up chair. Only it looked and smelled like water. Then a drop hit me on the head. The ceiling was leaking. Right around where the fan and ceiling light is. I woke up Lee and he went up on the roof (mind you it is dark) and drained the cooler. He said it had to be leaking down into the ceiling. It was still dripping a slow drip this morning. So can't use cooler today, and he was to tired this morning to do anything to it. Said it might be best to see if it will dry out completely this weekend and when he can he will look it over and check in the atic crawl space.
Doesn't this *(&^^^$# stuff ever quite???????????????????????

No comments:

Post a Comment