Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Spring?

Today it is about 60 degrees outside at the Tumbleweed Crossing. That is a bit warm for this time of year. Although it is just about what I like tempature wise. Not to cold and not to hot. Apareratly all the critters agree with me. Both of my mares, Star and Nita, are in heat. Both have PMS.
And all the birds are starting to nest. I keep telling the sparrows that they can not nest in the barn or in their favorite spot over my front door. It just doesn't work. At least not for me.
The newest resident of the Tumbleweed Crossing is a pair of roadrunners. They have been making strange noises. (At least to me they are strange. I asume to a roadrunner they arn't.) Plus they act as if they are trying to find the perfect nesting site. As they nest on the ground I hope they find a place that will be protected from all the stray dogs and coyotes we have here.

No comments:

Post a Comment