Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Holiday Rush

The business end of Christmas gets worse every year. It seems like it is only for the stores to make money. This year I refused to give gifts to any one that I had to mail them to, except my son. I asked all those friends and relatives not to send anything to me. It is just to much of a hassle. It takes all the fun and enjoyment out of giving gifts. Just having to go to a store and find something for hubby and my son was enough of a problem. By the time I got home I was mad and fustrated to the point that I was shaking with disgust at the whole situation and wanted a big drink of whiskey. (by the way I don't drink, but I can see how the holidays can drive you to it) Then there was the wrapping of those few gifts. There is no way I can take my time and make cool, neat, pretty wrapped packages any more. I used to do it, but not any more. Maybe it is just old age. I can't say for sure.
Anyway Dustins gifts are wrapped and I will mail them tomorrow. Yes I know it is a bit late, but he won't care as he isn't any more thrilled with all the holiday hoop la than I am. Besides his best gift is the money his dad put in his bank account. We told him to spent it on something for himself - not bills - but who knows that that will be. Probably a load of hay for the horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment