Sunday, November 18, 2012

Being Thankful

Thanksgiving will be this Thursday in all of the United States. It is considered one of the biggest holidays here, next to Christmas. It is thought to be a day that the Pilgrims that first came to the United States sat down to eat and celebrate a day of piece between them and the Native Americans that were then called Indians. It was a celebration with lots of food after they had almost staved to death when they had first come. They had learned from the Indians how to live off the land and survive so the Indians had been invited to eat with them.
This year I am doing as many of my friends are doing and each day for a month I will post on facebook or on a blog what I am thankful for. I have seen then done in previous years and could never bring my self to do. But this year I started doing it on Nov. 10 and hope to be able to do it until at least Dec. 10.
It is good to have one day set aside to be thankful on but we need to remember to do it more often than once a year. There are all kinds of things we can be thankful for - from big nice things like the birth of a baby and a wedding or finding the love of our life to small things like hearing a bird sing or the sun shine or a pretty flower.
I hope every one will find something to be thankful for this Thanksgiving but remember to do it more often. If you want do it for a month on Facebook, a blog or post a memo at work, or make a note on a calender.
I will start by saying I am thankful for the readers that read my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment