Wednesday, July 28, 2010

TO BUGS BUNNY

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
TO
BUGS BUNNY

I heard that yesterday my beloved cartoon rabbit was 70 years old.
Which makes me wonder - how many gray hairs does Bugs have, and how many gray hairs does an old hare have to have to be an old hare.
Which makes me also wonder - how many carrets has the old hare eaten in his life - and how many times has he said that famous line "What's up, Doc?" and how many times has Elmer Fudd called Bugs a "Wasal-ly Wabbit".
We have lots of rabbits here at the Tumbleweed Crossing but so far none have showed any relationship to dear, old Bugs Bunny. "Drats"
I say Bugs is my favorite but then again maybe it's The Roadrunner, or maybe it's Wile E. Coyote, or maybe it's Speedy Gonzales and Pepe La Pue. And who could forget Taz - The Tazmanian Devil.
The new cartoons just can't compare.

No comments:

Post a Comment