Friday, April 23, 2010

Cottontail Rabbit


I finally got a photo of the cottontail rabbit in our little patch of grass. I think this is the same rabbit wat that was in the other photo when it was hiding in the sand. I frequently see it eating grass but usually it hops away to go under the hay shed where I can't see it. It knows where it is safe. The grassy spot is right beside the hay shed. I think this may be a female rabbit as we always have a female that has her babies under the shed each summer. It couldn't have been the same rabbit all these years but I would think it might be a daughter or granddaughter. What I would really like to get is a photo of a rabbit eating hay with one of the horses. Again I see them doing it but I'm never close enought to get a photo or just don't have the camera with me.

1 comment:

  1. awwwww ... what a beautiful bunny wabbit! I have enjoyed all your photos, as ever, especially Mr Bunny and the chainsaw sculptures are jolly good aren't they. My favourite is the coyote and the squirrel and the crane, and the firefighter .... actually they are all my favourites. You have some lovely blossom photos too. xxx

    ReplyDelete