Friday, June 12, 2009

NASCAR Guitar

I know it has been about a week since it happened but the more I have thought about it the more I feel that Kyle Bush is a despicable person. I have never been for or against any particular race car driver. I watch NASCAR because my husband watches it. It is interesting but not something I keep up with like I do the bullriding and rodeo events. But when I saw Bush smash up that beautiful guitar it was the most disrespectful thing I have ever seen on TV. I have heard lots of disgusting jokes and comments and seen some stuff I didn't like but for a person who is as well known as Bush is this was the worse exhibition of childish behavior I have seen.
And any of his crew members who excepted pieces of that guitar are just as bad as he is.
It was disrespectful to NASCAR, his and all sponsors of the sport, to his crew and himself, to Gibson and Sam Bass that made the guitar, and most of all to the fans of NASCAR.
I know that Kyle Bush was after the publicity he got by breaking the guitar, and some have likened it to the rock stars that break up their guitars. but have you ever seen a rock star break up an award they got. I am sure none of them would break up that kind of a guitar, and I know none of the country and western singers and guitar players would do that. Would an Olympic winner throw down a gold metal and stomp on it (since I don't think gold metals can be broken) or have it melted down?
Don't you think he would have been better of with the good publicity he could have gotten from giving that guitar to a person who had talent playing the guitar but couldn't afford a good one?

No comments:

Post a Comment