Saturday, June 20, 2009

Loss of Another Pet

Last week we lost our German Shepherd, Codee. I don't know what was wrong with her. She didn't seem to be feeling well one evening, and I had planned to take her to the vet the next day if she wasn't better, but she died during the night.
I have always wondered if it was better for our beloved pets to go fast like this or slowly and in pain until we can't watch them suffer any longer and take them to the vet to have them put down. Now I know it doesn't matter. It is so devasting either way.
Codee was only nine years old. A few months ago we lost our old Nikki dog who was at least 16 and maybe older. Why the difference? I will never know. It doesn't make since but then I have decided that there are a lot of things in life that will never make any since to me.
About a month ago my sister lost Codee's sister, Ginger to cancer.
Sometimes I wonder why we even have pets but I don't think I would servive without them. I know that my sisters and I were meant to take care of lots of dogs and cats that would otherwise not have a good life. We take in those pets that don't have decent homes for one reason or another and give them the best life we can for as long as we can.
Then we cry and try to remember that we did give them a decent, loving home.
Codee, Ginger, and Nikki you will be remembered.
Codee and Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment