Friday, March 13, 2009

Spring Weather

We've had some spring like weather the past few days. Had a scattering of snow yesterday morning with about a half inch of rain off and on all day. Horses are sheding. All are hairy beasts. Will be glad when they are done but hope it warms up some more before they are throught. The ponies have recovered from their surgery and are back to their old selves. I kept hearing all those tales of stallions having problems from being castrated. And I am sure some of them do. Even the vet said they might really swell but neither of mind did. I am sure the two that used live across from us were really swollen as I did see them. But I think a lot of it has to do with getting them out and making sure they get sufficent excersise. I'm not saying take it to extreams but do walk them from the second day on. I didn't even get a chance to wash them down with water hose every day as suggested due to the horrible wind and sand storms we had at that time. The one time I tried Traveler got way to upset and I decided it was best to leave him be. Stormy didn't mind the water hose but only got to do it to him once due to bad winds. Now the seem alright and it is a bit cool for a bath. But I do plan to make it one of my goals this summer to make sure Trave gets used to having a bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment