Sunday, May 20, 2007

This Morning

This morning I spent a pleasent hour riding my 14 year old Morgan gelding BlackJack. You can see his photo to the right. I have had Jack for about 4 years. He the perfect horse for me. At only about 14 and a half hands he is easy for old worn out me to get on. He is an easy going horse that isn't bothered by much except plastic shopping bags. He is the kind of horse you can get on after several weeks of not riding and he isn't going to try to buck you off. But he is always trying to figure out how to get me to let him do what he wants to do. Of course he wants you to get off and give him treats. He doesn't care for riding in our small turn out field and prefers to ride around the yard or out on the dirt road in front of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment