Monday, May 21, 2007

Bear In My Town

http://www.abqjournal.com/abqnews/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3605&Itemid=2
this is the link to the Albuquerque NM Journal story about the bear that terrorized Rio Rancho NM on Friday morning. Since they say it was seen at the Wal-Mart it was only about 4 miles from me and may have come in across the desert close to where I live. I thought it was a funny story but with a good ending as the bear wasn't killed. It was tranquiliezed then taken by Game and Fish to where it could be tagged, cared for and released in near by mountians where it could find a better home. The med center where it was tranquilized is one that I used to go to a few years ago, until my Dr moved. For those of you familiar with Rio Rancho it is near the Bank of the West or the Auto Zone or the Walgreens Pharmacy on the corner of Southern Blvd and Highway 528. It traveled about 5 miles to get from where it was first reported to be running through peoples yards to where it was finally caught.
Kind of makes you think what can walk right in through those automatic doors that are everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment