Tuesday, November 14, 2006

November Storm

I understand from the TV weatherman we are having a November Storm. Storms in NM in November arn't that commom. Or at least I don't remember that many. Last week the northwest states were hit by a lot of rain and wind. Now that storm is making its way south and east and today it is hitting NM. It is cool but not cold, but we are having horriable winds. Weatherman said might be gusts up to 60 miles per hour. We had hoped they didn't know what they were talking about, but this time they were right.
When I got up this morning and fed the horses at about 8 am it was very very still, with not a breath of air moving. And it was warm. But taking the warnings seriously we tighened down everything that could conseviblely blow away. The horses got a bit upset with us when we didn't let they out into the field but kept them in their smaller pens where I had put them last night when I heard about this storm.
Now I think they understand why we made them stay in. The are actually staying in their shelters out of the wind. The wind has to be at about 20 to 25 miles per hour steadyly blowing but don't think we have had the hard gusts yet, and hope we don't. The power line wires are singing, shed roofs are banging, and I suppose I should get of the net, and turn the computer off incase there is a power outage. I am sure there will be eveantily so I am shuting it down.
Until later, unless we blow away.
From the Tumbleweed Crossing.

No comments:

Post a Comment