Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Nature

OK I know that nature is the best thing in the world. Be it wildlife, trees, native plants or even a fancy garden full of highbred flowers. I love nature, plants, and animals as much as any one else. But these coyotes are getting way to brave. The day after my cat was attacked, I looked out my kitchen window at about 5 pm, and there was a coyote, checking out the same area where the cat had been attacked. In all likely hood it was the same coyote. I ran out yelling, with the dogs barking and calmly trotted off. It didn't even act scared.
I don't know what to do about the situation any more than any one else that has had a pet attacked by a coyote. I have seen several coyotes close to my property recently, even in the daytime. Lee has seen several right outside the front gate when he would come in after dark.
We need to do something to teach them that they need to be afraid of man, and our pets, but I am at a loss as to what to do. We can't shoot at them as there are to many houses, people, and other animals. We can't put out poison for the same reasons. Live trapping doesn't seem to be an option. And calling animal control for help is useless. They say there is noting they can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment