Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Let the Dogs Out

I have a really good neighbor whom I shall call Jen as she wants to keep her privacy. Over the past couple of months Jen has had to leave her dogs for long hours at a time do to some family problems. I volunteered to go out a few times during the day and let the dogs outside for a few minutes. Now I will ad that these are fairly good watch dogs, but because we have been around them ever since they moved in and aren't afraid of them there was no problem when we went to let them out. The first time they came running with this weird look on their face like, "What are you doing here?" but they didn't growl or fuss at us, just seemed glad to get out and do their business. They were even good to come back in for us.
Jen and I agreed that the next time we left for the day she would go over and let my dogs out. So yesterday when we headed to Jemez Springs for the day she came to let Tuff and Ziva out. She said they had that strange look on their face when she was the one letting them out, but they were good and came back when she called them in.
Jen and I and our husbands then it is a great idea to get our dogs used to someone else coming to let them out when it is necessary. Now if their is an emergency the we can help each other with the dogs and cats. Jen is one of the few  people I have ever met that cares for her dogs the came way that I do and my family does. But my family live to far away to care for my pets as does Jen's family in an emergency.
This would be a good idea for everyone that has dogs, cats or other pets. Find someone you can trust to come in your house and care for your pets during an emergency. It can be a wonderful feeling to know our beloved pets are getting the care we would give them ourselves if we were there.

No comments:

Post a Comment