Saturday, October 29, 2011

Colic

My old gelding, Sunny, has been fighting bouts of colic off and on all week. Have been following advice of my son and my equine vet who don't hold out much hope but the old guy is still on his feet after 3 days. Never has gone down that I know of so I guess there is hope. Have been giving some banamine for pain and he will walk some. He has pooped some and eaten some bran mash a few times as well as drank some water a couple of times.
Considering his age and our money situation we don't think it would be fair to him or us to try to do any of the expensive treatments.
The old guy is tough he just might make it.

1 comment:

  1. To me, nothing is scarier than colic. I'll be sending you my thoughts and prayers. I know that my gelding, Sunni, has colicked twice and it's been very scary both times.

    ReplyDelete