Saturday, February 12, 2011

Horse Books


Raising Rainbow let a comment about horse books and I haven't even mentioned them yet. I have lots of horse books from a Roy Rodgers book and a Lone Ranger book for small children to The Black Stallion series of which I was a member of the Black Stallion Club to dozens of other teenage horse books both fiction and non fiction. Now I have expanded my horse books since I got my real books with a lot of books about how to care, and train horses, plus some on horse breeds and a couple that are photo books on horses. Anything that concerned horses in any way has gone into my horse collection.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool button, that is a button, right?? I didn't even know there was a black stallion book club but I'm sure I would have joined if I could. LOL

    No Roy Rodgers or Lone Ranger books for me. I could only get away with horse books if they were on my reading list for school. Luckily for me My Friend Flicka, Black Beauty, and the Black Stallion were on my list. There were also books by Glen Balch and I think I read everyone of his too. The nuns were good at letting me read series books if the author was on the list so that let me read everything an author wrote that I could get my hands on.

    I think it is so cool you had parents who let you indulge your love for horses even if it was toys and books. I wish I had had that. It probably wouldn't have taken me so long to actual find horses as an adult had that been the case.

    ReplyDelete