Thursday, June 10, 2010

Each morning I let the cats out for a short run while I am feeding the horses. Then I call the cats in and feed them. They have to stay in the house the rest of the day and night. A few days ago I let the cats out and then noticed their was a roadrunner bird sitting on a makeshift table in the yard I use for potting plants. A three cats started stalking the big bird. I sure did wish I had my camera and even though about getting it but before I had a chance the bird jumped up into a tree. In another second it jumped down to the ground and away it ran with our youngest cat, Wiley, right behind it. I had to laugh as it reminded me of the old roadrunner and coyote cartoons but Wiley was taking the part of the coyote. In another second they had rounded the house and up through the horsepen
to disappear across the road. Thankfully there were no cars coming at the time. About a half an hour later Wiley returned to the house and flopped in the floor as if to say it had been a dumb idea to chase a roadrunner. Neither of the other two cats, Jade and Murphy, had even tried. I guess they had learned long ago that the birds could run faster than they could.

No comments:

Post a Comment