Saturday, December 19, 2009

Huge Owl

Maybe the dreaded mice and rat problem will be solved by the huge owl I saw last night sitting on the top of the power pole that connects my neighbor and I to the electric company. He was making a weird kind of screek then the normal hoo-hoo-hoo of a horned owl so I think it may have been one. If not a horned owl probably a barn owl. I have seen both in this area along with a lot of the smaller owls. I really like owls as they eat lots of rodents, grasshoppers and the over populated sparrows. I hope he comes back but it seemed very upset at the activity going on under the power pole. A lot more than normal. Our neighbor had company and someone had left the car running to warm up, and we were feeding horses, and my dog and theirs were out. It flew off after I sighted it. I have heard an owl a few times over the past few months. Don't know if it was the same one or not. I hope there are several.

No comments:

Post a Comment