Friday, August 21, 2009

Not My Day

Does everyone have trouble with big business' or is it just me. I decided to order new cell phones from Verizon as it had been several years since we had new ones. So I did and the guy at Verizon was really nice, much nicer than reps at Verizon call centers usually are. He said my phones would be overnighted to my by FedEx. That was fine, as I had plans to be home all day and could be here when they arrived. We saw the truck go by one way very fast and went out to the gate to see if he would come back to our place. He went down the street turned around and came flying back, and right on by us, through the stop sign at the corner of the street which is also the corner of our property and off down to the next street over when he stopped when to the door and then took off for parts unknown. Oh well we thought, our phones didn't get shiped out the day before in time and we would have to wait until Monday. Remembering I received an email from Verizon so I could track the phones I pulled it up, got the website and tracking number and looked it up. Oh!!!!! It said that our package had the wrong address listed and was back at the FedEX office. So I called them. They said it was wrong, and would be delivered Monday since I had called and corrected the address. I called Verizon, they said it was right. Verizon called Fed EX who said it was wrong but they would deliver it Monday and call me before they came. Everyone said the driver was wrong for not calling to find out correct address. It was pass the buck time. Will I get my new phones on Monday. Who knows. Not only am I upset about this I now have to spend another day, all day expecting a delivery.
To top it off I notice on the tracking that my phones went from California to Memphis, TN and then back to Albuquerque last night before the driver came to our little out of the way comunity. Why did they go back and forth across the US? Only some pencil pusher in an office could answer that and they won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment