Monday, March 06, 2006

Fishy, Fishy, Fishy

I gave away my fish! I have had a 10 gallon fish tank with a series of little fresh water fish in it for the past 22 years. I gave up on it this past weekend and gave the last 4 little fishys to my friend. She is setting up a new fish tank. Thank Goodness. For years there was the old question of -
Did you feed the fish today? It seemed to be so hard for either Lee or I to remember to feed the fish. Can remember to feed the horses, dogs, cats and ourselves but not the fish.
When my son was 5 he kept asking for a fish tank. He was so hyper I thought that maybe watching the fish might calm him down. As soon as the tank was up, filled, and had fish in it he could have cared less. So of course it feel to mom to take care of the fish. Of course they wouldn't all die at the same time. Of course when it would get down to 2 or 3 little fishy I would feel sorry for them and buy some more. Some of them did well and lived for many years, while others bit the dust in just a few months. We had one algae eater, (sucker) that lived for almost 20 years, and grew to be about 8 inches long.
For the past 3 years I kept trying to give the last 4 fishys away and no one wanted them. Or already had the kind of fish that would have eaten them. Finally a friend said she was getting another tank. I said "Take my Fish!" and she said "OK"

1 comment:

  1. We had fish but we couldn't keep them alive! Finally, gave up.

    ReplyDelete